Compare DocTools Word add-in features with built-in Word features
The purpose of each of the DocTools Word add-ins provided via this website is to help you work more efficiently in Word. Each of the add-ins adds powerful features to the built-in features of Word.
The links below let you get an overview of differences, either between a DocTools Word add-in and the related built-in functionality in Word or between two DocTools Word add-ins.
Comparison of features
- CommentManager features compared with Word's built-in comment features
- CrossReferenceManager features compared with Word's built-in cross-reference features
- DocPropertyManager features compared with Word's built-in features for document properties and DocProperty fields
- ExtractChanges Pro features compared with ExtractData
- HighlightManager features compared with Word's built-in highlight features
- ObjectBrowser features compared with features in Word 2010 and earlier versions
- ScreenTipManager features compared with Word's built-in screen tip features
Manage comments in Word fast and easy – review comments, extract comments to Word or Excel, etc.
Simplify and speed up the management of cross-references even in your most complex documents
Manage and repeat data in Word fast and easy with custom document properties and DocProperty fields
Extract insertions, deletions and comments from any Word document, incl. context and headings
Apply any highlight color or remove highlight in Word with a single click – customizable shortcuts
Browse pages, sections, headings, tables, graphics, etc. and find text in Word with a single click
Check safety-critical procedure documents for human factor issues in minutes – improve quality and help prevent errors
Create screen tips in Word fast and easy – with up to 2040 characters